The UFC has completely shuffled the top three fights on its UFC 279 card one day before the scheduled pay-per-view event, UFC president Dana White told SportsCenter in a live Instagram video Friday.
Nate Diaz now will face Tony Ferguson in the main event of the Saturday show at T-Mobile Arena. Diaz’s original opponent, Khamzat Chimaev, missed weight by 7.5 pounds Friday morning, coming in at 178.5 pounds for a 171-pound-limit bout. Diaz understandably chose not to fight such an overweight opponent.
- Date : Saturday 10 September 2022
- Time: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT / 3 a.m. BST.
The early prelims begin at 6 p.m. ET and the main prelims start at 8 p.m. ET.
UFC 279 main event time: Ring-walks are estimated for 12 a.m. ET / 9 p.m. PT / 5 a.m. BST — but they could always go on earlier.
The event is live from Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena.
UFC 279 live streams: Get the PPV and a whole year of ESPN Plus
You’re going to need ESPN Plus (opens in new tab) to watch UFC 279 live streams — and all the upcoming numbered UFC PPVS — so let’s talk about the best deal to make this happen.
You can get UFC 279 plus a year of ESPN Plus for $124.98, which is savings of $50 (ESPN Plus costs $99.99 per year and UFC 279 costs $74.99). If these numbers seem higher than usual, this is the first UFC under the new ESPN Plus pricing.
The main prelim fights are on ESPNEWS, so those who haven’t subscribed to the latter yet can get a taste of it all for themselves, before forking out the cash.
ESPNEWS is available on most cable packages, as well as two of the best streaming services: namely Sling TV (Orange + Sports Extra) and FuboTV.
UFC 279 Early Prelim fights start at 6 p.m. ET on UFC FightPass (opens in new tab), which is $9.99 per month. Then, the higher-up set of prelim fights that start at 8 p.m. ET, on ESPNEWS
UFC 279 Fight Card
Early prelims (6 p.m. ET) on UFC Fight Pass
- Norma Dumont vs Danyelle Wolf [Women’s Featherweight]
- Chad Anheliger vs Alatengheili [Bantamweight]
- Melissa Martinez vs Elise Reed [Women’s Strawweight]
- Darian Weeks vs Yohan Lainesse [Welterweight]
Prelims (8 p.m. ET) on ABC and ESPN
- Hakeem Dawodu vs Julian Erosa [Featherweight]
- Jailton Almeida vs Anton Turkalj [Catchweight]
- Denis Tiuliulin vs Jamie Pickett [Middleweight]
- Jake Collier vs Chris Barnett [Heavyweight]
Main Card (10 p.m. ET on ESPN Plus)
- Tony Ferguson vs Nate Diaz [Welterweight]
- Li Jingliang vs Daniel Rodriguez [Catchweight]
- Kevin Holland vs Khamzat Chimaev [Catchweight]
- Irene Aldana vs Macy Chiasson [Women’s Bantamweight]
- Johnny Walker vs Ion Cutelaba [Light Heavyweight]